What Is The Best IELTS Score
IELTS is not difficult to crack. All you need is a strategy. You can learn to perform well with practice.
IELTS scores are used by a large number of reputed institutions or organizations across the globe. It is an indicator of how strong your English is. The higher the score, the better it is for you.
Score will define
- Whether you are eligible for higher studies in English country or not.
- Whether you are eligible for the immigrate to an English country or not.
What constitutes a good IELTS Score? What is the minimum IELTS score that I should get?
It depends more upon your purpose. What are you taking IELTS for? Is it for the purpose of education overseas? Or is it for the purpose of immigration?
If it is for the purpose of education then most of the universities would require a minimum score of 6.5. If you are looking forward to immigrating to an English country, the score may vary from country to country. But, in most of the cases, you are required to score at least band 7 or 8 or above 8.
Listed below is the information on different bands and what they signify.
- Band 9 - The candidate is perfect at English. An expert at English language.
- Band 8 - Very good at English
- Band 7 - Good at English.
- Band 6 - Competent with required English language skills.
- Band 5 - The candidate has an acceptable standard of English.
- Band 4 - The language of the candidate is limited.
- Band 3 - The language of the candidate is extremely limited
- Band 2 - Intermittent user of English
- Band 1 - Doesn’t use English.
- Band 0 - Didn’t take the test
Your ELTS scores will range from band 1 to band 9. You may also get a band score such as 6 or 6.5 or 7 or 7.5.
Will I get different scores in different modules of the test?
There are four skills. Reading. Writing, Listening and Speaking. You will get a band score from 1 to 9 in each of these skills.
You will also receive an aggregate score (a combination of the four skills and the score that you get in the four skills).
How is the IELTS band score rounded up to?
Check out the score given below:
- Listening: 7
- Writing: 4.5
- Speaking: 5.5
Total Score: 23.5 (6.5 + 7 + 4.5+ 5.5)
The aggregate score will be 5.875 (23.5/4)
Such a score will be rounded up to an IELTS band 6.
Let us look at other scores.
- Reading: 7.5
- Speaking: 7
- Writing: 7
- Listening: 7
Total Score: 28.5 (7.5 + 7 + 7 + 7)
Aggregate score will be 7.125 (28.5/4
Such an IELTS score will be rounded up to 7.
But, if the aggregate score comes nearer to 7.25 then it will be rounded up to IELTS Band Score of 7.5 (for instance if the score is 7.5 + 7.5 +7 + 7 then it will be equivalent to 29 and then 29/4 = 7.25).
What is the IELTS test score criteria?
The IELTS Test score criteria vary from skill to skill. Your reading test score will have different criteria for scoring than your listening test.
Want to prepare for the IELTS? Enroll for the IELTS online training at IELTS7band.net.